Open Space Zoning

 Q: Currently under our zoning bylaws, Open Space Zoning does not exist. Believe it or not, Jones Forest is zoned industrial. My first question is; Do you support an Open Space Zoning Bylaw? If so, how would you define open space and put this bylaw into practice?  Do you support a tree protection bylaw for Billerica? If so, what would you like to see included and excluded from the bylaw?

I would have to do more research into these topics before I can say that such proposals are possible but I am definitely in support of doing more to protect the unnecessary destruction of trees and natural habitat.  In my opinion, deleterious laws which make it difficult for home owners to care for the habitat they have on their own property would be undesirable.  However, regulating how developers unnecessarily clear-cut trees - as they did on the Pond Street solar project - is something that is within the per-view of the Planning Board and as a member of the Planning Board I would do all that I can to see that such behavior does not happen again.

The Committee to Elect John Meneghini
33 Timbercreek Rd. Billerica, MA 01821
https://planning-for-meneghini.blogspot.com/
Email: planning.for.meneghini@gmail.com
Phone: 978-435-4224

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction

Planning Board Candidates Forum

BATV Candidate Statements